Friday, June 27, 2008

Chris & Sara + 1 (or 2?)

I've been lusting after the book Itty Bitty Hats for awhile now, and last night I got the phone call that TOTALLY justifies its purchase. My good friend Chris called to tell me that he and his wife are expecting, and of course I immediately thought "BABY KNITTING!"



Oh baby knitting. I've so far only made a blanket, but there are wonderful patterns for booties, blankets, little sweaters... and they're supposed to be quicker to finish because they're smaller than full-size adult garments. I can't wait! We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, and won't for awhile- but it gives me plenty of time to research patterns and get a feel for their style and color choices when it is time to bust out the needles. And boy oh boy do I have my work cut out for me- the mother-to-be has a BFA in costume design, so I can't do just any old thing. This will be a challenge and I'm certainly looking forward to it!

Congratulations Chris and Sara!
Sara & Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment