Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Things I'm Excited About This Week

clappity clap
1. I started dropping stitches on my Clapotis Scarf on Monday. Yipee! Only 11 more pattern repeats to go (eek)!


hardy
2. I'm picking up my first CSA (community supported agriculture) delivery today, provided by Bull Run Mountain Farm. I was sad about not being able to participate when I thought I'd be moving west this summer, but they opened up a few more shares and I'm not going anywhere- so I'm in luck! I purchased my share last week and will have a bounty of fresh local veggies through October! This week's delivery promises leeks, potatoes, garlic, squash, tomatoes, basil, and broccoli! I am way more excited than any non-vegeterian should be.



3. I may try my hand at dyeing yarn this weekend. I haven't had a chance to fully review the procedure and list of things needed, so I may have to wait- but if I can get my hands on some citric acid, some pots, and a few tarps, we may just be in business.



4. Oh Etsy how I love thee. I purchased some fabric that should be headed towards my mailbox any day now, and last night discovered some gorgous beads that I might just try my hand at making stitch markers with. Stay tuned for developments on that, as I'm not 100% sure it'll work- but if it does I may very well have an Etsy shop of my own someday!



5. The new season of Project Runway starts tonight! Gotta set the DVR before I go to the gym!



6. The Dark Knight opens this weekend! I'll prolly avoid movie theatres like the plague, but still looking forward to seeing the box office numbers; and eventually the movie- in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment