Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday Flickr Favorites

Here we have the first edition of Friday Flickr Fav's. I know that lots of other people do this, but I've decided to jump on board because I noticed a few weeks ago that I hadn't fav'd hardly any photos in a while, and I want to start using Flickr as a reference guide again; for places I want to go, things I want to try, and inspiration for my own photos in the future.

Friday Flickr Favorites

1. Wave, 2. Minnesota Roller Girls January Bout, 3. YIP, a week in progress in the studio, 4. Sparkleheart, 5. Bora Bora - Hotel Meridien Vue Arrière, 6. Young Green Turtle, Bora Bora, French Polyneasia, 7. Le Meridien Bora Bora - Tahiti, 8. Bora Bora Satellite, 9. Shark feeding in Bora Bora, French Polynesia, 10. The Intercontinental Resort & Thalasso spa Bora Bora, 11. Autokap at the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa Aug 03, 2008, 12. Cau ca Ho Tay suong mu DSC_0897e 800x505e, 13. www.iecreative.ca, 14. Seemingly empty, 15. 275 Battery Street, 16. White quilt -- Tree and Angels, 17. Allison and Brian's Wedding Quilt, 18. Plain Spoken Quilt Back Detail, 19. Spiral Quilt, 20. case study bed & quilt


What you're seeing here is like a little cross-section of my brain and the things I've been enamoured with throughout the week. The photos of beaches are 99% Bora Bora, which I went searching for after reading a survey question that asked about where you might want to honeymoon- well there's my answer. The many crafty photos are representative of my new facination with quilting, and my urge to learn more about the different ways to design the tops as well as stitch them together in different patterns and combinations. We've even got a few crafty hearts in there with Valentine's Day looming on the horizon, and one lone Roller Girl, photographed by someone who helped introduce me to the DC Roller Derby scene here in DC (though he has since moved to Minneapolis).

These are all photos that I have loved this week, which is to say that not only can I still be charmed by the fact that all of these things have been experienced somewhere and by someone, but that I can also be inspired to make them all a part of my life too. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

#17 quilt is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love that pattern.

Bora Bora would be amazing. And so quiet/relaxing. sigh...

Post a Comment