Wednesday, February 04, 2009

SFW

Yesterday I was asked by someone in my company to provide a recent photo, suitable for accompanying my account of the events during the recent Presidential Inauguration festivities (which I sort of attended). This brought me to the realization that not only do I not posses a single decent 'head shot' type photo for such an occasion, but I may not even have what I'd consider to be a 'work-appropriate' photo even. Some of my favorite contenders are below.

nearly finished MISSION ACCOMPLISHED a wee bit Scanner Darkly
speculation would you, could you? with a beard? CorporateZOMBIE


Clockwise from top left, shall we?

1. Scarf Model: I kinda wanna punch that girl in the face, which creates inner conflict because she is me.
2. Taken at an actual work-sponsored function, the MS Ride 2008. This was after my triumphant finish of 30mi on my mom's bike. (I have my own now, so there.)
3. Actually taken at work, where I am clearly busy doing very important business lady things.
4. This is how I look first thing in the morning. Perhaps they'd be more impressed with my 'office look' if they knew what I was working with.
5. That beard was taken from a prop-kit that was part of a class I supported, AT WORK. It sorta counts.
6. That's the face I make when someone calls me on the phone (hate) to try and get me to do stuff. Y'know, at work. RUDE.

In the end I have decided to submit this one, which though it may not actually be of me, is rather dapper and will keep people from trying to talk to me about the article.

moustache


So, uh... sorry Kim. You'd better get your story ready. This is a BIG COMPANY, and now they all know your face.

2 comments:

Kim said...

All the more incentive to keep my lip waxed!

Anonymous said...

I about fell out of my chair...ha ha ha ha...

Post a Comment