Thursday, May 29, 2008

window shopping spree

Today I went on a momentary Etsy shopping spree, filling my cart with all the things I've had favorite'd for far too long. 4 skeins of yarn from souptoknits, some fabric and a little bag from Maluhia, and a knitting needles case from hi how are you designs. The idea of all those lovely things making their way to my mailbox during the week ahead was exciting, but the total was getting a little steep when i noticed something about one of my yarn choices... I loved it so much because the colors match the album cover design of A Tribe Called Quest's Low End Theory. (If you didn't know before, I'm a bit of a hip-hop geek.) The only problem... the yarn also has purple in it.



So, I could say that it matches, but really it'd be historically inaccurate. And eventually someone would call me out on it, and I'd have no ground to stand on! I know it's wrong! There's no purple! I know! Still kinda tempting. Admittedly, I'd be using the yarn to make a gift for someone else- but I can't have them getting called out on the street either. I emptied my cart deciding to come back another day when i wasn't in such an impulse-buying mood. Demanding- yes, but it saves me money!

No comments:

Post a Comment