Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Girls Girls Girls

I used to laugh at the idea of a 'social calendar', needing to keep track of outings, trips, meetups, brunches... but in recent months i've discovered that i actually need one! AMAZING! This past weekend my girls reconvened for some much needed gathering and catching up over knitting meet ups and meals, and despite getting no laundry, dishes, or cardio done- I had a great weekend.

Saturday was World Wide Knit in Public Day, and though a small contingent of the KnottyKnitters group had considered going to Belle Haven park to sit amongst other area knitters, the heat and humidity sent us straight to our usual haunt, Murky Coffee. As far as I'm concerned, we still participated in the spirit of WWKIPD, we just did it indoors.

Ayana cupcaking in public, while Joanna sits in public.
knitting (and cupcaking) in public


Jessica winds a ball of yarn in public. Much yarn was wound. much yarn.
ball winding in public


Around 4p (when our meetup ends), I gave Liza a ride home and Ayana accompanied me to Knit Happens, where I picked up 2 skeins of Claudia's Hand Painted, for which to be making another pair of Endpaper Mitts as a knit-a-long with Joanna, whenver we get around to it.

this knot of yarn will become another pair of these.
swirl = two pair


After Ayana and I swung by my mom's house to walk the dogs, I dropped her off for a dinner date and took a nap at my place! LAME- but so necessary. I packed a bag, stopped by Trader Joe's and a chinese place to pick up some sustinence, and headed to my mom's house for an evening of movies and knitting. I watched The Bourne Ultimatum while weaving in all the ends of my stepdad's (now) birthday scarf, and started on a second 'So You Think You Can Hat'. And you know what? I can hat. I can hat very good.

c is for cookie


I used a knit cast-on this time, no more McGuyver CO's for the time being- as Eliza calls them. (Trying to work an Italian CO for a chunky Koolhaas kept me occupied- repeatedly ripping them out and starting again for about a week.) I'm not 100% happy with the edge, but enough to not go back and start all over! I even used a new stitch marker for this hat- afraid that the lemon I used on the Koolhaas and my first SYTYCH was the jinx. I think it worked- more on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great photos! Looks like you all had a nice time.

Post a Comment